- Static websites are sites that don't contain any dynamic server-side functionality or application logic.
- A static website consists of a series of HTML files, each one representing a physical page of a website.
- In a static website, when a user which is the web browser types the address and requests for the web page, the already written HTML coded information appears for the user to be read or copied for further use.
- Static websites are used extensively only to provide the information that is already written in the HTML code.
- This information cannot be changed until it is mentioned in the source code of the HTML.